To be perfectly honest, I was happy enough just looking at these jars in the morning light. And then I tasted this parfait... Oh, my! Fresh, juicy peaches with a hint of almond, maple and vanilla! What incredible flavour! If you haven't tried chia pudding yet, start with this! I immediately thought "peach perfection!" I hope you'll think so, too!
To achieve true "perfection," start with fresh peaches at their peak of juicy and flavourful ripeness. But when fresh peaches are out of season, frozen or canned peaches would also be delicious.
I usually have both black and white chia seeds on hand. Although I used white seeds for this parfait you could use either type. It won't affect the flavour at all.
The chia pudding will require a minimum of about three hours in the fridge to 'set' and become thick and creamy. Although I used vanilla almond milk here, other types of milk and yogurt make a tasty base for chia pudding.
I like to prepare a cup or two of chia pudding in the evening so that it's ready for a quick breakfast pudding or another delicious creation later in the day. But you can also quickly make the chia pudding in the morning to have as an afternoon snack. Or you could prepare it much later in the day to enjoy as dessert that same evening,
You begin building this parfait with a layer of diced peaches. Then you spoon the chia pudding on top. Next, you add sliced peaches on top of the pudding.
Finally, you finish with a spoonful of crunchy granola and sliced almonds. Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to two days. Recipe follows below. Enjoy!
PEACH PERFECTION PARFAIT
Fresh, juicy peaches! A hint of almond, maple and vanilla! What incredible flavour! If you haven't tried chia pudding yet, start with this! I immediately thought "peach perfection!"
AUTHOR: Beverley Noseworthy
MEAL: Breakfast, dessert, snack
DIETARY INFO: Gluten free, peanut free, refined sugar free, vegan, vegetarian
FOR THE CHIA PUDDING (makes 2/3 cup, just enough for two small parfaits)
SUGGESTED GARNISHES/TOPPINGS (Each parfait contains 1/2 a fresh peach. You may also use frozen or canned peaches.)
1. Add chia seeds to a small bowl. Cover with almond milk. Stir with a spoon or small whisk. Add maple syrup and stir again. Cover and place in fridge for at least 3 hours or overnight before completing the next step.
2. Select and assemble garnishes. Cut peach in half. Cut one half of peach into 6 slices. Dice the remaining half.
3. Remove chia pudding from the fridge and stir to eliminate any clumps.
4. Assemble the parfait. Form the bottom layer of the parfait by placing half of the diced peaches in each jar. Spoon the chia pudding on top, sharing equally between the both jars.
5. Garnish the top of each parfait with 3 peach slices, 1 tablespoon of granola, and sliced almonds (1/2 tablespoon). Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
PER SERVING (1/3 cup chia pudding plus toppings.)
Carbohydrate: 18 g
Fibre: 6 g
Sugars 10 g
Fat: 12 g
Protein: 6 g
Want to print and share this recipe?
Simply click on the buttons below!
Have you tried this recipe? I'd love to hear about it!
My kitchen is rockin' with recipes old and new!
Click to connect!
Thanks for joining me in my kitchen! Check out my blog posts to find out about the tasty delights I've been whipping up lately!
You may also like to...