You'll be keen to fill these little granola crusts with your favourite plain yogurt! Then after you top them with peach slices you'll have delicious tarts that are not only vegan, but are also free from gluten, peanuts and refined sugar.
I baked the tart shells in pans with a removable bottom. I also like to place a circle of parchment paper on the bottom of each pan to ensure easy removal.
The tart shells are firm and easy to fill without any breakage. The shells will become softer after the yogurt is added. The tart shells are FODMAP friendly, and may be used with lactose-free yogurt and a berry topping for a low-FODMAP option.
PEACHY-KEEN YOGURT TARTS
You'll be keen to fill these little granola crusts with your favourite yogurt! Then after you top them with peach slices you'll have delicious tarts that are not only vegan, but are also free from gluten, peanuts and refined sugar.
AUTHOR: Beverley Noseworthy
MEAL: Breakfast/brunch, dessert, snack
DIETARY INFO: Gluten free, peanut free, refined sugar free, vegan. FODMAP friendly option.
MAKES: 6 tarts (4 inch/10 cm)
Top each tart with:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line bottom of 6 4-inch (10-cm) metal tart pans (with removable bottoms) with parchment. Place on a baking sheet.
2. In a large bowl, add the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
3. If the almond butter is firm, soften it by heating it in a small saucepan for a few minutes. Then in a medium bowl, add the almond butter along with the other wet ingredients and stir to combine.
4. Pour the wet mixture into the bowl with the dry ingredients and stir to evenly coat.
5. Spoon 1/6 (about 3 tablespoons) of the granola in each tart pan. Press mixture evenly and firmly in each pan, including up the sides.
6. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until the edge of the crust is golden brown.
7. Remove the pans from the oven and place on a rack to cool.
8. When the granola tart shells have cooled completely, remove from pans, ensuring parchment paper is removed from the bottom of each tart shell.
9. Fill as suggested above and serve immediately, or place empty shells in an airtight container and store in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 2 weeks.
PER SERVING (One empty tart shell)
Carbohydrate: 11 g
Fibre: 3 g
Sugars 8 g
Fat: 7 g
Protein: 4 g
Want to print and share this recipe?
Simply click on the buttons below!
Which type of yogurt is your fave?
Tell me about it in the comments section below.
My kitchen is rockin' with recipes old and new!
Click to connect!
Thanks for joining me in my kitchen! Check out my blog posts to find out about the tasty delights I've been whipping up lately!
You may also like to...