This smoothie is so berrylicious! It not only contains strawberries and raspberries, but is also presented with a delicious and nutritious cup of fresh berries. Then for a little extra pizzazz the topping consists of a yogurt and chocolate chevron design. How can I sum this up in just one word? YUM!!
Hope your day goes as smoothly as mine!!!
BERRYLICIOUS SMOOTHIE BOWL
with a CHEVRON GARNISH
This smoothie bowl is as much fun to make as it is to eat! The chevron design looks complicated, but is so simple to make after just a little practice!
AUTHOR: Beverley Noseworthy
MEAL: Breakfast, dessert, snack
DIETARY INFO: Gluten free, low FODMAP, peanut free, refined sugar free, vegan, vegetarian
FOR THE SMOOTHIE
FOR THE CHEVRON GARNISH
1. Prepare chevron yogurt garnish. If yogurt is too thick, thin with a few drops of non-dairy milk. Pour yogurt into either a small squeeze bottle or a piping bag/icing gun fitted with a small round tip.
2. Prepare chevron chocolate garnish. In a custard cup or small bowl add cocoa and maple syrup. Stir to combine. Gradually add milk and stir well to combine. Heat sauce in the microwave oven for 10 seconds or until mixture thickens a little and turns a deeper brown. Stir and let cool to room temperature before poring into a small squeeze bottle, piping bag or icing gun fitted with a small round tip.
3. Fill a small glass fruit nappy or ramekin with fresh berries and place off-centre in a low, wide soup bowl.
4. Add smoothie ingredients to a blender. Blend (or pulse and then blend) until smooth. Pour smoothie into the wide bowl.
3. Add the chevron pattern and other garnishes, as desired. To make the chevron pattern as pictured in the photo above:
4. Serve immediately and enjoy!
PER SERVING (1 cup, not including garnishes)
Carbohydrate: 33 g
Fibre: 7 g
Sugars 16 g
Fat: 3 g
Protein: 2 g
Want to print and share this?
Simply click on the buttons below!
Have you tried this recipe? I'd love to hear about it!
My kitchen is rockin' with recipes old and new!
Click to connect!
Thanks for joining me in my kitchen! Check out my blog posts to find out about the tasty delights I've been whipping up lately!
You may also like to...